Art Nouveau Signed Opal Diamond Garnet Butterfly Brooch Circa 1900
This special signed Art Nouveau butterfly brooch features natural opals diamonds and demantoid garnets. Circa 1910
Superbly crafted in 14k gold with wings displaying a cross-hatch finish. The butterfly's body is set with both round and long oval natural opals with further opals set into the lower wings. A single round cut diamond is set in a diamond setting to each top wing and the insect's eyes are formed as gold balls coated with black enamel and bezel set with demantoid garnets.
- Hallmarked 14 Karat gold with a patent date of nov. 30 '86(1886)
- Butterfly measures 2.5 cm in height with a wingspan of 4.9 cms
- Weight: 8.6 grams
- Large oval opal to the body measures 4 x 13 mms
- Round opal to the body measures 4 mms diameter
- 2 x smaller round opals to the wings measure 3 mm each
- 2 x round cut diamonds 0.02 cts each - VS - G/H color (estimated)
- Demantoid garnets: 2 x round cuts
Don't hesitate to Contact Us if you require further information or would like to make an offer for this item. Please quote the reference number shown below. Thank you.